Tuesday 26 August 2014

VeganMoFo's Heading Our Way Fast!


Vegan MoFo is always one of the highlights of my year. I love being a part of the online vegan community so bloggers getting together to flood the internet with pictures of amazing vegan food, inventive new recipes and stories of their every day lives for a whole month is right up my street. I also love the challenge of blogging every day becuase it forces me to come up with more creative ideas and it's also the only time I ever show you what I cook and eat at home which is super fun. I also love seeing what other people come up with, their themes, the glimpse into people's day to day lives, the challenges people choose to embark upon. It's like everything I love about blogging but amped up a notch. For the last few years I've been part of the official VeganMoFo team, I help with round ups and organise giveaways and I love it. If you're still on the fence about signing up what are you waiting for? You only have until tomorrow evening so get on it, the sign up form is here.

This year rather than doing daily or weekly themes I'm doing one all encompassing theme for the first time ever. I even drew a swanky (haha) logo. Don't laugh!


That's right, for the whole month of September I'll be focussing on two of my favourite things, cheese and chocolate. These were also two of the things I thought I'd find difficult to give up before I went vegan years ago. How wrong was I?! We have so many amazing options now that being vegan's a cinch. I'll be incorporating one of my favourite weekly themes, Mac & Cheese Monday into the month and the reason it's international? I'm heading back to Austin on Thursday! I can't wait to hang out with friends, re-visit Sweet Ritual, Capital City Bakery and Bouldin Creek Cafe and you bet I'll be spending plenty of time cooling off in the water at Barton Springs. You can expect to see amazing cheeseburgers, pizzas and reviews of American cheese and chocolate on the blog during MoFo as well as reviews of my favourite European goodies.

You know what else is exciting about Austin? It's the location for Vida Vegan Con III! I'm so excited that they chose my favourite American city to host their wonderful conference because it gives me an excuse to go back there again next year. I also recently found out that I was accepted to speak at the conference and I could not be more excited. I literally squeaked and jumped up and down when I got the acceptance e-mail!


It's a total dream come true and it feels amazing to have been chosen from what was blatantly a super strong group of applicants. I can't wait to see who else is speaking and I hope that I can hang out with some of you there. If you haven't bought your ticket yet maybe my blog post about 2013's conference will be the thing to convince you? It was such an amazing whirlwind of a weekend. I came home so inspired and I'm really looking forward to getting to work on the session I'll be running. More info on that later in the year!

See you Monday for the start of MoFo!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a speaker! That's amazing, I just wish I could be there. Get your session recorded and put it up on your blog when you get back? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how awesome does that sounds?! I agree with the above ^^^ can you add your session here so we can watch it (pressure's on!)? Also, I hope this comes out to my little corner of Minnesota...it sounds so interesting!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool on being a speaker!


    i am looking forward to mofo. my theme keeps changing but i believe i got one that encompasses both my love for shopping and not being scared of the processed food police.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, thanks so much for the Mofo update! I somehow have missed any mention of it anywhere, and I would have missed the sign-up if I hadn't seen this. Guess I need to check the PPK more often!

    Also, I'm speaking at VVC too! And I can't wait to see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so tempted to join this year's Mofo but I'm not sure if I have the time or creativity for it... V excited to read your Mofo posts. I don't miss chocolate but I miss cheese SO much and I just can't get on with vegan replacements so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome that you are speaking at VVC. :D
    I am so excited. I can't wait to see your Austin posts so I can get some inspiration, I will be staying a couple of extra days there before heading on to my vet conference from my vegan conference. Hurrah!
    I love your theme. :) Though I will no doubt get jealous of all the amazing chocolate and cheese that we can't get in Australia. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited about mofo!! Always love everyone's posts. Cute logo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great theme Jojo and congrats about speaking at Vida Con. Ooh I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for Mofo, your theme is awesome - three delicious things! :) And congrats on the speaker slot, that's so exciting! Can't wait for Austin next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on Vida Con! You will be awesome! Can't wait for mofo this year eeeep! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH YAY!! I didn't want to ask - but I'm NOT at all surprised!! I'm a speaker too! OH YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!